Thursday, August 14, 2014

Project 365: My Beautiful Mess

So many things can happen in a day.  I know I experience at least 27 emotions in one day.  Excited, frustrated, bored, scared, relieved, etc.  But at the end of the day, I want to feel love and happiness.  I find that the older I get, the less I appreciate life.

It got me thinking about the film "About Time" starring Rachel McAdams as Mary and Domhnall Gleeson as Tim.  If you haven't seen it, watch it immediately.  It's a wonderful film about a man named Tim who learns on his 21st birthday that the men in his family have the ability to travel in time.  However, he can only travel between his own memories.  Ok, I've lost you right?  Sounds totally weird.  But I swear, it's the best movie!  Tim learns that as he travels back in time to perfect certain moments in his life, the best moments are the imperfect ones.  Near the end of the film, his father decides to share his secret to happiness.  He tells Tim to live an ordinary life, day by day, like anyone else.  Then to go back in time and re-live the same day.  The first time would be filled with tensions and worries that can keep you from noticing how sweet the world can be, but the second go-around he should stop and appreciate it.  And so begins my favorite scene in the movie.  It's a wonderful lesson about life.  Enjoy it!  When I was a kid I looked at the world with amazement.  Everything was shiny and new with all its wonder.  It's so easy to do when we are children, but somewhere along the ride we have forgotten how.

Well I for one am tired of it!  There are so many amazing things in life that I take for granted every day.  So I decided to challenge myself mentally and physically, through photography.  I will do a 365-day challenge where I take one photo a day showing the beauty in life.  It doesn't have to be perfect, as life rarely is.  Life is messy and crazy and chaotic, but it's also beautiful.

I won't annoy my readers with a photo every day on this blog, but I may share one on occasion.  If you would like to see my journey, visit Erica's Project 365: My Beautiful Mess.

Day 1: 8/14/14 "My Beautiful Mess"
I'm always in a hurry!  Laundry everywhere, makeup all over the counter in the bathroom, and shoes that cover my bedroom floor.  So today I decided to stop and appreciate the mess that is my crazy life.  Today, I embrace it.  Tomorrow, I clean!  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment