Monday, August 11, 2014

My Tip Monday

I've been doing product photography as a part of my full-time job for about 4 years now.  Learning how to take a product and light it properly in a studio is very challenging and fulfilling.  But I found myself wanting to know more about photographing lifestyle shots outdoors.  That's what started my journey.  Now I have a part-time photography business and enjoy every minute of it.  I continue to strive to be a better photographer with every click of the camera.  So I'd like to invite you to join my journey in a little segment called "My Tip Monday."  Once a week I will provide tips on photographing and editing images, while also share the latest and greatest products.

Let's start with my favorite website that I frequently go to for tips.  Check out Click It Up A Notch.  This lady is so awesome, I could literally spend hours on her website!  Whenever I have the itch to buy a new lens, I check her blog for a photo by photo comparison.  I really wanted a 50mm fixed lens, but I was debating between the f/1.4 and the f/1.8.  Her website allowed me to see examples of photos, and ultimately I chose to go with the 50mm f/1.8 because of the price.  It's still a beautiful lens and a bargain at $215 on Amazon!  Check out my 50mm f/1.8G.  My dogs make good models...




I also found a little gem about setting your White Balance.  And though I ultimately chose to go a different direction, I think the blogger had some amazing tips!  I'm constantly on the go, and wanted to be able to set a custom white balance quickly.  Grey cards are too bulky, and setting the camera on Auto is never the solution.  So what did I get? The ColorRight PRO White Balance Tool.  This dome-like shape allows you to set a custom white balance in any lighting in 15 seconds or less.  For just $35 on Amazon, I can ensure that my color is spot on and saves me editing time.  Check out my before and after photos.






No comments:

Post a Comment